MailPoet becoming a sophisticated ESP
"We're able to monitor the delivery of emails for thousands of our users. We've been able to reach a global delivery rate of 99.5% solely thanks to Postmastery."
Case studie with: Kim Gjerstad,
Partner at MailPoet
MailPoet was founded in 2011 in France with a simple mission: allow thousands of WordPress website owners to create and send emails from the comfort of their WordPress admin. MailPoet built a simple, intuitive, and rock solid solution to deliver their users’ emails on time, every time.
MailPoet's WordPress newsletter plugin is activated on 300,000 WordPress websites and has several thousand paying customers worldwide. From small businesses that send weekly newsletters to large companies and WooCommerce stores that send emails to tens of thousands of users.
Two components are required for an email solution for WordPress: an 'email campaign front-end'and an email 'delivery back-end'. In 2015, to improve the back-end, MailPoet hired external delivery experts from Postmastery France (formerly DeliverNow.eu).
Their request was straightforward:
- Select a state-of-the-art Mail Transfer Agent (MTA).
- Install the MTA and configure it according to the latest global delivery
best practice email delivery guidelines.
- Integrate the MTA into the MailPoet Platform.
- Monitor and maintain the MTA on a day-to-day basis to avoid the need
to build an internal MTA specialism.
- Provide real-time insight in email delivery performance and senior level MTA
consulting service to avoid problems, and should any issues arise, debug
and solve them as soon as possible.
The Solution: PowerMTA & Postmastery's Managed Deliverability service
Postmastery conducted a detailed MTA requirement analysis. The analysis showed PowerMTA to be the best on-prem MTA solution. Postmastery installed and configured PowerMTA, integrated it into the MailPoet application and supported MailPoet in choosing the optimal email infrastructure and hosting partner.
After a two month IP warm up process and extensive knowledge transfer, MailPoet started to send the first emails via the new platform. In implementing Postmastery's Managed Deliverability service, MailPoet's email operation was complete.
With this service, 100% of MailPoet's outbound volume is monitored in real time and Postmastery consultants ensure proactive email delivery support and PowerMTA maintenance. Furthermore, Postmastery consultants assist in building (and protecting) IP and domain reputation.
The result: Postmastery has supported MailPoet in their daily email delivery operations since 2015.
The main advantages identified to date are:
- cost efficient and reliable on-prem email delivery infrastructure;
- 24/7 expert level email delivery knowledge and resources;
near zero deliverability issues;
- vetting of clients during the onboarding process;
- detection of any MailPoet clients not following email best practices in real time
before they can harm IP and/or domain reputation;
- client specific reports and alerts to optimally visualise email performance.